Maintenance and care tips for microcement surfaces
While microcement is known for its durability and low-maintenance nature, it still requires proper care to ensure its longevity. Here are some maintenance and care tips for microcement surfaces:
1. Regular cleaning: Clean your microcement surfaces regularly using a mild PH neutral detergent and warm water. Avoid using abrasive or acidic cleaners, as they can damage the surface. Use a soft cloth or mop to gently clean the surface, and make sure to rinse thoroughly to remove any residue.
2. Avoid sharp objects: Although microcement is durable, it is still susceptible to scratching. To prevent scratches, avoid dragging sharp or heavy objects across the surface. Use coasters or placemats under hot or heavy items to protect the surface.
3. Wipe up spills immediately: Microcement is water-resistant, but it is still important to wipe up spills immediately to prevent any potential staining or damage. Use a clean cloth or paper towel to blot the spill, and then clean the area with a mild detergent and warm water.
4. Avoid excessive moisture: While microcement is water-resistant, excessive moisture can still cause damage over time. Avoid leaving standing water on the surface for extended periods, and make sure to dry the surface thoroughly after cleaning.
5. Periodic resealing: Depending on the level of use and wear, microcement surfaces may require periodic resealing. Consult with your installer or a professional to determine the appropriate frequency for resealing your microcement surfaces.
By following these maintenance and care tips, you can keep your microcement surfaces looking their best for years to come.