RESTORING,CLEANING AND CONSERVING BRICK FACADES
A building looks its best when free of grime and pollutants. While aesthetics is the primary reason for cleaning a building, it is also important to expose the substrate for preservation, evaluation and historical significance.
It is almost impossible to gauge the condition of masonry when the facade is covered in dirt, grime and/or a coating. In addition, damaging pollutants such as carbon dioxide, sulphur and nitrogen oxides accelerate facade deterioration. Moisture is the primary cause of masonry decay, cleaning a facade allows for the normal transpiration of moisture.
As a registered Heritage Contractor, PMac combines the best of traditional craftsmanship with modern techniques and materials to achieve the best possible finish, as well as the best possible protection for the future.
Brick facades can be cleaned and restored to your approval and budget. Full site trials will be carried out to determine the best and least invasive cleaning method.
The dwell time and number of applications required to meet the desired cleaning level will vary. All methods employed are carried out according to best conservation principles.
Thank you for the fantastic job completed in Park West. Your staff were most accommodating and are excellent ambassadors for your company. The finished result is flawless and will be a great example to show prospective clients.
Polished concrete floors
A STUNNING ARCHITECTURAL FLOOR WITH A LIFESPAN AS LONG AS YOUR BUILDING
Brick & Facade Cleaning
- The Doff superheated steam cleaning system is designed to gently remove paint, all biological matter and general dirt and grime without causing any harm to the substrate.
- Whilst the temperature in the system is high, the pressure on the surface is very gentle and water volume is low. The surface is therefore not saturated and will be dry within minutes.
- As the Doff uses super-heated steam, there are no harmful chemicals being used. Pressure can be adjusted by trained operators to deal with more stubborn staining.
- This work can usually be carried out using a cherry picker.
TORC Conservation Cleaning System
- The TORC system was developed to enable the gentle, safe and effective cleaning of historic buildings and their particularly delicate and friable surfaces.
- The TORC system combines compressed air, fine abrasive and water and is best suited to the removal of brittle soilings and coatings.
- The TORC system creates a gentle swirling vortex using a mixture of low air pressure, little water and a safe inert fine granulate.
- A range of abrasives are available for the TORC system, but only Calcite, Dolomite or Calcium Carbonate are recommended when cleaning is carried out adjacent to a water course.
- The system and abrasives used are ideal for carbon removal as well as paint and plaster residues.
- The removable nozzle cone can easily be changed to suit larger areas and a smaller nozzle cone can be used for more intricate detail such as elaborate capitals or rustications.
Full Chemical Clean
- A full chemical clean generally involves the erection of a scaffold and a full Monoflec wrap protection.
- All surfaces excluding the surface to be treated are protected.
- Bricks are pre-washed using a mild detergent and then chemically cleaned using an appropriate chemical, taking into consideration the surface and the contamination.
- A chemical clean can removes decades of soiling build up including paint and carbon.
- A chemical clean will dramatically enhance the appearance of your facade.
- Collection of chemicals also protection of all glass, etc.
Get updates from this and more of our services