It is important to follow a regular maintenance programme for your ceramic tiles rather than letting the dirt build up. Here are our top tips for keeping your ceramic tiles looking like new!
- Loose dirt or grit should be swept up on a daily basis using a soft bristled brush or vacuum.
- The floor should be mopped on a weekly basis (or more frequently in heavy traffic areas) with warm water diluted with a low sulphate detergent. At P Mac, we recommend Stone Soap but there are other low sulphate/pH neutral tile products on the market.
- This should be followed by a final rinsing with clean, warm water to remove any residual detergent.
- We advise buffing your tiles with a clean white soft cloth after each wash.
- Generally speaking, ceramic tiles are low maintenance and should return to their to their original state after each treatment.
- Do NOT use abrasive powders on glazed ceramic tiles as these will damage the surface.
For more tips on cleaning and maintaining tiled floors and walls, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.